Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Stacked


The herons' nests are stacked in the trees at the rookery.
This shot is out-of-camera -- no extender.

And here's one nestmate bringing twigs to fortify the nest.
The pair on the lower level are watching...



I bought a new L lens (70-200 f2.8) and paired it for some of the shots with a Kenko 1.5x extender. I think I'm having a nervous breakdown spending that much money on a lens! It's definitely a big and heavy lens and I'd probably only use it for a walk in the park. Maybe I should return it and look for something else (less expensive and not so heavy).

3 comments:

Chesney said...

I don't know...that lens takes a wonderful image...both of these are fabulous! I am in love with that top image...I can't believe the number of nests in ONE tree...now you need to go back and get baby pics (hopefully soon)!

Anonymous said...

I surely don't know what you should do but these are fantasic! What a treat, the only rookery i know of is hard to get to.

Anonymous said...

Great captures, both! I've never seen so many nests in 1 tree! But I especially like the one of the nest builder.

I'm sure your new lens will bring you many years of pleasure and great shots. I recently got the f4 non IS version with a 1.4 extender. It lives on my camera!

Enjoy!

Post a Comment