Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blooms

I'm trying to decide which lens to take for a walk at the daffodil trail -- these are in my yard.
All shot with ISO 100 and sunny day setting.

First is the kit lens - 18-55mm. I think it's a pretty decent lens!


Next is a 60mm S lens -- but I need a tripod to use it. I like the glow in this one. Partly sun on the flower and partly just the color of the flower itself.


Then there's the new 70-200mm L lens -- I'm struggling with this lens. I have trouble focusing on what I want to focus. The depth of field hasn't given me much room and my eyes aren't very good. Anyway, it's pretty heavy for a stroll in the park. But it's anice lens and I think I'll keep it!


And finally, my old favorite walk-around 28-135mm lens. I think it's still my favorite for pick-up and go on a nice day.

3 comments:

Chesney said...

I love the comparisons of lenses on these beautiful daffadils...it is funny how we all get attached to a specific lens! My favorite is my 55-200mm....I take 90% of my images w/ this and I am trying to switch off lenses to get used of some others! I can tell that you are the most comfortable w/ your favorite walk around lens...that has the most clarity!

Anonymous said...

They are all beautiful shots, Jo. I like the way you took each one from a slightly different angle. I have the 70-200 L lens and it is my fav, though a tad heavy just for walking around. Plus, it's much more noticeable than the kit lenses. I find the kit lenses to be pretty decent. Just for taking a walk, I would use my 55-250, but am looking around at a Tamron 28-75 2.8.

Anyway, good to see your post.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely exercise. I love the glow in all of them, the 60mm especially.

Post a Comment